We’ve had several requests to add softball letter images. Though many of the baseball images can be used for softball, we wanted to include some sport specific ones per the requests. Letters added are S, I, O, U. We will continue to add as we go.
Wow, where did the end of 2013 go?
Of course, for any retail business the holiday shopping season can get pretty darn busy. It certainly did for us. We had record numbers (thank you to our wonderful customers). We had some very late nights and put our personal Christmas shopping on hold. THESE are good problems – no complaints. It’s wonderful to see this business grow and GROW. We love growth, but ALWAYS want to maintain our small business feel and customer service.
What is new for us in 2014?
- Look for new letter images. Of course, that’s not earth shattering news. We are always adding photos.
- We have a few new designs in the works. So look for a new layouts and sizes.
- Our biggest 2014 news – look for our Children’s Book coming out in March (fingers crossed). Going on a Letter Hunt will feature our endearing character, Alphie. He will take children on a letter hunt adventure from A – Z. This is a fun and interactive book. Look for it on Amazon, Barnes & Nobel, and MANY other online book shops. It will be on our site too.
- We will soon be adding a link to CanvasHQ. So many of our customers make complete wall displays. Our letter art is often an anchor, then their personal photos are placed around the letter art. We frequently get questions on where to print personal photos. We are working with Canvas HQ so that customers can simply link from our site to the them. They can then easily upload their personal photos (there are many editing features too) to create beautiful canvas prints.
- Quotes are a popular trend in home decor. They are a wonderful way to keep a saying, mantra, or motivation piece front and center. They make great wall decor pieces or small subtle reminders. Look for our 2nd site to come – Walls of Quotes – It will be a quote only website, but you will have MANY choices on quotes, size, and background color.
And one more thank you to our current customer base. We absolutely love what we do. It is such a treat to create these custom pieces that become part of your home, business, or gift giving. Here’s to you! Cheers.
Looking to improve you photo skills? Digital Photography School provides quick tips on various photo topics. They have great tutorials, equipment, books, etc. Worth checking out.
We often say that we are just the right mix of Thelma & Louise, Laverne & Shirley, Rachel & Monica, and Lucy & Ethel. We think it has made a great foundation for our business, life, and friendship. We take what we DO very seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously (just look at our list).
Thelma & Louise – While we don’t relate to many of their habits, we do have adventurous spirits. We enjoy being on the edge of new ideas and are always up for an adventure, which usually entails some “outside the box” photo outing. We are not shy and certainly try to have a “why not” attitude to trying something new.
Laverne & Shirley – These girls were silly (which we are), but they were also hard workers. That is our connection. We work very hard, but we work from the heart. We do what’s right by our customers, and we treat them how we would want to be treated.
Rachel & Monica - These two were different, but yet the same. That’s US! We couldn’t be more like sisters. We each have our own style, forte’, and opinion. However, we respect each other and work together in a very unselfish/supportive way. Plus, we like coffee (for those Friends fans).
Lucy & Ethel – Gosh, I think you just have to know us and see us in action to fully grasp this connection. There isn’t a day that goes by where we aren’t laughing at something. Life just seems to place us in Lucy & Ethel situations…in a good way.
All of the duos above are based on friendship. That’s Spell-It-Out Photos. We are the founders, but the whole studio and our supplier relationships are based on solid respect and relationships/friendships. Everyone seems to have the same work ethic, appreciation for customer service, and respect for running a business. We are very fortunate.
When our customers call, we feel the same way. It’s not just someone calling an 800 number. It’s someone calling for help of some kind. It can be as simple as a price or as special as a custom gift for a wedding. Our goal is to treat them as we would our friend.
We frequently tell our customers to send us a photo of them with the finished product. Yes, they are fun to post on Facebook and our site. However, each piece that we make is special. Seeing where and who it ends up with, is like getting to read the last chapter of the book. We know how the story ends.
Needless to say, it’s a pleasure to say we GET to go to work. There is not a HAVE TO in there. It’s definitely a GET TO. Lucky us!
Our NEW design option, that’s what!
On word panoramic and poster finishing methods, customers will not have a choice between TRADITIONAL or FUN & FUNKY designs. This adds a fun alternative to our traditional layout. We’ve added additional background colors too.
Well it’s just about here. I can’t believe it. My baby is about to graduate from High School. WAIT – I’m pretty sure it was YESTERDAY that I followed the little country school bus to Kindergarten. Yes, that’s right, I followed the bus to make sure there were no accidents, tornadoes, earthquakes, apocalyptic events, or possibility of tears (his not mine – mine were unavoidable). No judging OK?
My point to all of this is that I am filled with possible graduation gift ideas for his friends. There have been some wonderful kids that have crossed our path over the years, especially those who have become part of our family. I want to make each of them a creation that is specific to their personalities.
If you are in the same position that I am, you may be looking for something special, unique, and personal. I will be making many of our Spell-It-Out Photos quote plaques for the graduates. I choose each letter specifically for that person. I use the baseball images from our sports gallery for his teammates and I’ll use the water shots for his beachy friends.
Take a look at our quote plaques. They make great graduation gifts. Each letter can represent a piece of their personality. Perhaps they sail, ski, or ride horses. Be creative with your selection. Make it a gift with extra meaning behind each letter. OR just choose the letters because their pretty. It’s up to you.
Plan ahead though, our custom pieces take 2-3 weeks for delivery.
More importantly – savor every moment.
Ahhh Monday morning. I love Mondays. I know it’s not a popular phrase, but it’s a fresh start day. I like planning my week and filling in the goals. Of course, sometimes my weekends are so busy, they make Monday look like the vacation day. Kids + weekends + sports = busy. All in a good way!
Lynn and I were both at baseball games this weekend. The primary goal is to watch our kids play their games, but we are always looking for letters. Monday (sometimes Tuesday due to scheduling) brings the fun of sharing our weekend adventures and finds for our letter gallery.
We continually add to our galleries. Visit us often to see what new letters we’ve captured.
Have a GREAT week. – Enjoy, Sue
Signature Frames are the hot new alternative to the traditional guest book at weddings. They are a fun addition for other special events too. A Signature Frame capture notes typically done on a group card, and turns them into a memorable and unique piece of art.
This wedding Signature Frame was designed for a wedding in Florida. As the guests entered the reception, they added their note and signature for the bride and groom. After the wedding, the newlyweds had a beautiful letter art creation with their name and wedding date, surrounded by notes from all of their guests. A keepsake for sure.
The Signature Frame to the right, was designed for a 30th birthday party. All of the girls signed notes to the Birthday Girl. What a great piece to hang on the wall for years to come.
Signature Frames are now programmed on spellitoutphotos.com. Simply type in the main word that uses the letter art images. Select your letters. Then choose Signature Frame as your finishing method. Just follow the prompts for all of the options.
What’s coming up on your calendar? A birthday, anniversary, wedding, retirement, shower, team recognition, or graduation?
Now let’s celebrate!
Thank you for your continued business over the years. 2012 was a banner year for us. We updated our website, added great products, added MANY new images, and had record orders. We absolutely love what we do…thank you for enabling us to do so.
One thing is certain, we are always looking to improve. Our photo gallery is constantly growing and our product line is expanding as well. We constantly tweak a little here and adjust a little there, simply to make things better.
Visit us throughout the year to see what new things we have in store.
We have been doing so many wedding creations lately. Whether they are gifts or wedding decor, it’s been a Love Fest over here.
I remember when I was preparing for my wedding (26 years ago), I wanted everything to
be unique and different. I was young and didn’t realize what a hard task that was with almost no money and not enough life experience to really know what “different” looked like. Let alone no internet to search things. How did we survive? Anyway…this is for those who are trying to find a unique idea for their wedding day. It’s just a small collection of ideas on how to personalize their day using our products.
We have also created a special Wedding Idea page on our site. Take a peek at our Wedding Accessories.
Guest Book Frame
- We’ve been doing quite a few of these. It’s a special order, but it’s such a unique touch. The couple’s last name is printed in our images. Their first names are in text about the images and the wedding date below. We mount in on an over sized mat, which can then be used as the guest book. Friends and family can sign the mat as they enter the reception and then the bride and groom can have a beautiful piece to hang on their wall for years to come.
- Create a canvas that says LOVE or WELCOME and display it with a table top easel on the reception table, sign-in table, or gift table.
- Create a frame with the couple’s last name. Then display it on a standing easel in the church entry.
Bridesmaid Gifts –
- Order a set of our LOVE greeting cards. They’re delicate and unique. It will be a beautiful way to share your love.
- You can also create a custom card with each bridesmaid’s name.
(Write us a note in the comments section of your order and we’ll put each pack in an organza bag for you. It’s only a small amount additional, but makes a lovely presentation.)
- Create a special piece for each attendant. It can say her name or a special word. Wish her a lifetime of JOY. Thank her for her LOVE. Say you’ll be FRIENDS forever.
Bride’s Gift –
- Gentlemen, if your bride is taking your name, think about creating a framed piece with her new last name. It’s a lovely gift that will hang on your wall for years to come.
Love our letters, but need something different? We love being creative. Send us your ideas firstname.lastname@example.org we can’t promise we’ll be able to do it, but we’ll certainly try.
Other sites that may help with ideas